rhododendrens - Knowledgebase Question

Travelers Rest, So
Question by hammackmp
The leaves are turning brown-have some spots - should I spray with an insecticide???

0

Unless you actually see insect pests, I don't think you need to spray an insecticide. Rhododendrons can develop iron chlorosis where the leaves turn yellow but the veins remain green; they can also develop sunscald and sometimes winter damage won't show up until the summer months. Coupled with the above are some serious diseases such as crown or root rot that can show up as yellowing and browning leaves. It's really difficult to diagnose the problem without really seeing it so you may want to snip off a stem with the affected leaves and take it into your local cooperative extension office for positive diagnosis. Contact SC Cooperative Extension at (864) 232-4431. Best wishes with your rhododendron.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Gizmo the Gremlin"