Rodents - Knowledgebase Question

Naperville, Il
Question by suz050
Chipmunks or something else are digging up and also under my impatians in the garden and also in my pots. Help

0

Some gardeners find that natural predators along with a resident pet cat serve as sufficient deterrent to chipmunks, while others resort to trapping them. Have you tried flashing deterrents, such as pie tins on string, or bird scare tape? You have to keep moving it around, or they'll get used to it. Owl statues sometimes help, but again, you need move it, too. Other options include electric mesh fencing, spraying plants with hot pepper wax (found in many garden centers), surrounding your garden with a slippery, angled sheet of plastic or other surface, so they can't climb, etc. I hope one or a combination of these ideas works for you!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Mixed Coleus"