ground cover - Knowledgebase Question

el cajon, Ca
Question by brendagaytod
I have flat stones of all sizes and shapes in the back small space of my condo. I'd like to get some ideas on what would grow between them. Have tried dichondria and babys tears with no luck. gets about 6 hours of sun in the El Cajon area. Any suggestions. gets very little foot traffic.

0

Anything you plant will need to be able to access the soil beneath the stones in order to thrive. Stones can absorb and radiate heat so drought tolerant plants such as creeping thyme or creeping verbena might work. You'll need to remove a stone or two, excavate the soil so you can set the roots into the planting hole, then water the plants in well. Once they are securely planted you can arrange the stones around them so they climb up and also grow into the crevices between the stones. Sedums come in all leaf colors, shapes and sizes so they might work for you, too. Enjoy your new plants.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"