Impatiens - Knowledgebase Question

Coppell, Te
Question by rnvanidersti
I planted over 30 Impatiens in the ground in April. All get proper shade, water etc and all are growing well. However, about half of them have no buds OR have buds that are not opening. What do I need to do to get these plants to flower?
Thanks

0

I know how annoying it can be to see the plants develop flowers and then seem to stop doing anything at all. Usually it is a cultural problem. Even though you are giving your plants all they seem to need, there's something not quite right going on with them. You can try feeding them with a bloom booster or you can just sit back and patiently wait for them to finally open those flowers. The good new is that they are holding those buds. If the flower buds were turning brown and falling off before opening, it would indicate a fungal disease or inconsistent soil moisture. Wish I had a real solution for you.

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Daylily & Lantana"