ivy problem - Knowledgebase Question

Memphis, Te
Question by cbjake1
I have a patch of ivy that has black spots on the leaves. I have cut this back and leaves have started to come back & get black spots. Can you tell me what causes this and what to do about it.

0

Ivy is susceptible to a bacterial black spot and a fungal black spot. Pruning off the affected foliage will help keep it from spreading but you'll also need to use a copper-based fungicide such as Microcop, Bordeaux, or mancozeb. Treat the area now and then repeat the spray application again next spring when new growth appears. It will helps if you keep water off the foliage, too. I know you can't control the rain but you can water the soil rather than the foliage when your ivy needs to be watered. Best wishes with your landscape.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Textures"