watering - Knowledgebase Question

Derby, Ne
Question by gbacarothers
We will be going on vacation for a week and I'm afraid that when I come home I will find all my flower beds in trouble from no watering. Is there anything I can do to prevent this problem. Thank you

0

There's really no substitute for regular watering during the summer months. If you can't get a neighbor or relative to water your flower bed in your absence you may want to invest in an automatic timer that will turn the water on and off and keep your flowers happy. You can snake a soaker hose around the plants in your garden and then attach the soaker hose to your garden hose. Place a battery operated timer on the spigot and it will turn the water on and off automatically. You can program a specific schedule into the timer, then go off and enjoy your vacation knowing that your plants will be watered automatically.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Purple Crocus in March"