Problem with Elbert Peach tree - Knowledgebase Question

North Ridgeville, Oh
Question by rosscdmr
All the leaves on my Elberta peach tree have turned yellow and fallen off and the peaches are shrivelled up. This happened in a matter of days. Can you tell me what caused this and if the tree will recover?

0

Water stress can cause yellowing leaves and shrivelling fruit. If your tree is getting adequate water, there may be a root rot problem developing. Soils that do not drain well can actually suffocate the roots by driving oxygen out of the soil. You may need to dig down into the soil to check things out. Peach trees can also develop fungal diseases. If you do not routinely spray your peach tree each spring you may want to put it on a regular spray schedule to protect the leaves and fruits next year. Use a lime/sulfur (bordeaux) spray or Daconil, according to label directions. Best wishes with your tree.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"