Roly polys bugs - Knowledgebase Question

Rowlett, Te
Question by jldrowlett
This year i notice that in my garden are many roly polys as i never before have. How can i get rid of them. Thanks for be there always for me to help me,

0

We're always happy to help so feel free to drop by any time. Pillbugs, or sowbugs, are one of those beneficial soil dwelling critters that consumes decaying organic debris. They help break down dead plant matter, so killing them isn't recommended. Sometimes their populations, especially in cool, damp soils, gets overwhelming and they begin to attack living plant material. You can trap them by placing damp folded newspapers on the soil in the evening. The bugs will crawl between the folds to hide. In the morning pick up the newspapers and put them in the compost pile, where the bugs will help break down plant debris. After a few days of transporting the bugs out of your garden, you won't have such a problem with them, and they'll be in the compost where they can do the most good. If you don't have a compost pile, just toss the papers in the trash.

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Aster and Sedum"