EUONYMUS EMERALD GAIETY - Knowledgebase Question

DEPEW, Ne
Question by CAPO41
I LOST MY PLANT TO DISEASE. RED SPOTS AND WHITE LARVE? LEAVES STARTED TO FALL OFF. I REMOVED PLANT CAN I REPLANT OR WAIT AS SOME DISEASED LEAVES ARE LYING ON THE GROUND.I PICKED UP SOME BUT MAY HAVE MISSED A FEW. OR CAN I JUST WAIT TILL THE CYCLE IS DONE? HOW LONG?

0

Euonymus can develop fungal diseases and can also be attacked by scale insects. I can't tell from your description whether yours was diseased or insect infected. To be on the safe side, I wouldn't replant a euonymus in the same garden spot without first digging and removing the soil and replacing it with fresh soil from another part of the garden. This way you'll be sure you won't be introducing pathogens and/or insect problems to your new shrub. Best wishes with your new shrub!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"