Myrtle falling out - Knowledgebase Question

Stanford, Ca
Question by sstsaiee
Hi,
Since late June, my myrtle's leaves has been turning yellow and falling off. There are all curled up. I've put up some images here: http://yfrog.com/fvp1050169jx if you'd like to see it. It was very healthy in June. Could you give me some tips to saving this plant? Thanks.

Best regards,
Sam

0

Your plant looks water or heat stressed. Crepe myrtles like sunshine but hot reflected heat from the sides of a building and a concrete deck might be a little too intense for your plant. Plants in containers can also suffer when sunshine falls directly on the container. The hot sun can bake the roots. I'd try watering it well and then allowing the top of the soil to dry out between waterings. Try to place something in front of the container so hot sunshine doesn't hit it directly. I hope your plants recovers and puts out new growth soon!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Aster and Sedum"