AHHH!! Birds are eating all my Tomatoes and Corn!! - Knowledgebase Question

Deer Valley, Ar
Question by livefreeandl
How can I protect my garden from these flying

0

I'm with you! The rewards are worth the time and effort - if only those birds will stay away! You can try scare tactics. There's a product called bird scare which is basically a roll of metallic covered plastic tape (like the tape in an old 8-track) and if it is strung between some stakes you drive into the ground around your garden the noise the wind makes when it goes through the tape can scare the birds. Shiny objects hung in and around your plants (old CD's, pie plates, aluminum foil strips) can also deter the birds. Or, you might try enclosing each ear of corn in a wrapper of nylon panty hose (works for tomatoes, too). Sunlight can still penetrate but the fruit or ear of corn will be disguised and the birds won't know what's growing in your garden. Hope these methods are helpful!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"