Dying Roses - Knowledgebase Question

Palm Bay, Fl
Question by Ktaylor20021
I live in Central Florida, so the weather is extremely hot. I planted several rose

0

Yellowing leaves can indicate foliar disease, especially if you see spots on the leaves, but they might also indicate water or heat stress. The rocks around the base should act as a mulch, helping to keep water evaporation at a minimum but they might also be collecting and radiating heat into the ground. Why not move the rocks away from the base of the plants to see if that makes a difference. It might take 3-4 weeks for you to see improvement. If there is no change you can replace the rocks. I think it's worth a try. It's important to water your roses thoroughly and then let the soil dry out a bit between waterings. Try watering every 4-5 days and see if your roses perk up. I hope the combination of adjusting your watering schedule and raking away the rocks will make a difference in the performance of your roses.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Lilac"