HOW OFTEN AND HOW LONG DO I WATER A BUTTERFLY BUSH - Knowledgebase Question

RANDOLPH, Ma
Question by HOUSEFAMHOUS
2 WEEKS AGO I PLANTED A SMALL BUTTERFLY BUSH, STARTED WATER ONCE A DAY EARLY MORNING FOR 3/4 MINUTES. SKIPPED A DAY BECAUSE THE NIGHT BEFORE IT RAINED, A A DAY OR TWO LATER 2 FLOWERS ARE BROWN/DRY.SHOULD I CUT THIS FLOWER OFF AND HOW LONG/OFTEN SHOULD I WATER. I WATER BY LETTING THE HOSE RUN DIRT AROUND THE BOTTOM OF BUSH IS THIS OK

0

It's okay to water every day or two when your butterfly bush is first planted but now it's time to adjust your watering so you can encourage deep roots. Make a watering well or watering basin beneath your butterfly bush. Fill the basin with water, allow it to drain, then fill it a second time. Watering this way will concentrate the moisture over the root system and allow it to trickle down, wetting the entire root mass. Water your butterfly in this way every 5-7 days and it will develop a healthy root system. You can prune off the dead flowers. If you do, your bush should develop more flowers. Enjoy your butterfly bush!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Purple Crocus in March"