Cat Palm - Knowledgebase Question

Golenen Valley, Mi
Question by warrenenglun
I would like some advise on re-potting my Chamaedorea cataractorum cat Palms.
And what type of potting soil.

0

When the roots of your cat palm try to grow out of the drainage holes, it's time to repot. Find a container the next size larger than the current one, make sure it has adequate drainage holes, and use moistened potting soil as the growing medium. You should be able to slide the plant out of its current container, loosen the roots a little, place some moistened potting soil in the bottom of the new container and set the plant on top. The goal is to have the plant growing at the same soil level as it was growing before so don't set it too deeply into the new container. When you are satisfied with how the plant is sitting in the new pot, fill in around the sides of the rootmass with moistened potting soil. Use your fingers or a long handled spoon to gently tamp the new soil into the voids, then water your plant well to help settle the soil. It should be happy in its new home because it will have a few inches of soil all around in which to grow new roots. Best wishes with your project!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"