Saturn Peach tree - Knowledgebase Question

Lancaster, Ke
Question by hobbyholic19
When my 6 yr old saturn peach tree fruits, the peaches fall off when they get to 1/2 inch. The ones that get any bigger have worms in them.
There are also marks on the base of the trunk that looks like someone chewed on it.
What should I do?

0

Peach leaf curl, brown rot, peach scab and peach tree borer can be a problem with peach trees so regular spraying can help yours maintain good health. Spray applications should begin in the late winter/early spring so there's probably not much you can do to save the fruit this year. Just rake up the fallen fruit and leaves this fall and then use a fruit tree fungicide/insecticide next spring. The product label will indicate when to spray and how often repeat sprays will be needed. I'm not sure what damaged the trunk of your tree but a healthy tree will callous over the damage. Be sure to keep mulches a few inches away from the trunk so mice do not feed on it in the winter time, and keep that weed whacker away from the trunk so you don't accidentally damage the trunk. Good luck with your tree.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"