Apple tree - Knowledgebase Question

Lancaster, Ke
Question by hobbyholic19
I bought my Mom a Golden Del. apple tree. It is about 6 yrs old. It doesn't fruit and the leaves get some kind of canker sores on them.
I have tried Bayer disease control but that didn't seem to help. What is wrong with this tree?

0

It's a fact of nature that in order to grow tree fruits, you need to commit to the time and energy required to protect them from insects and diseases. To avoid diseases, your apple trees can be sprayed with Bordeaux (lime-sulfur). This fungicide must be applied early and thoroughly to protect new growth. Apply according to label directions; as the buds break until the leaves are fully expanded. Do this at prepink, pink, calyx, and first cover. Since the fungus overwinters in fallen leaves and fruit, be sure to thoroughly clean up and dispose of plant debris in the fall months. The horticultural oil is effective against overwintering scale insects and insect eggs and should be applied in the winter. It is sold as dormant spray. Hope this answers all your questions.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Gizmo the Gremlin"