Brown Lawn - Knowledgebase Question

Douglasville, Ge
Question by pastorgarmon
I had a beautiful lawn after applying Scott's turf builder with weed control. After a month, I continued to see some weeds therefore I applied Weed-B-Gon and my lawn lost its rich green color. An expert said that I may have overtreated the lawn and should give it time to recover to turn back green. My question is, how much time should i give it and can i apply more fertilizer (no weed control)?

0

Your lawn is probably stressed due to the products you've applied and the hot summer weather. Mid summer is one of those times when it's best to just not do anything to your lawn. Mow as little as possible. Mow the grass high, 3-4 inches, or the highest setting on the mower. The added leaf blade tissue aids in storing water and photosynthesis. Don't fertilize, don't aerate, de-thatch, or topdress. Do not do anything to bring added stress to the plant, including aggressive lawn activities and foot traffic. Wait until September to feed your lawn and to spot treat the weeds and your lawn should recover and regain its health.

Today's site banner is by TsFlowers and is called "Brown Thrasher"