Lantana and Jasmia - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Audrey Lavko
Chicago, Il
Avatar for sweetsco2
Question by sweetsco2
I have a Lantana tree in which I take it back in the house after summer and a Jasmia tree also and do the same.I know these are Annuals in our zone. Haven't done anything different then I always do but this year some of the leaves are turning white..don't understand..I love asking the experts this is really cool..Thanks

You didn't mention whether or not you regularly feed your plants. A nutrient deficiency can cause the leaves to lose their green pigmentation. On the other hand, if you are seeing a white coating on the surface of the leaves, you're dealing with a fungal disease called powdery mildew. If so, prune off the affected plant parts or treat your plants with a copper based fungicide. Good luck with your plants!

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by Murky and is called "Coleus Redhead"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.