Perennial full-partial shade plants - Knowledgebase Question

port jervis, Ne
Question by lynnyb88
What are some pretty full-partial shade perennials I can get that would hopefully bloom spring-October that I can get @ home depot?

0

Here are some of the best fall blooming shade perennial flowers for your partial sun/shade garden:

1.Hostas. Although hostas are often known primarily for their spectacular foliage, they also have beautiful white flowers that bloom late in the season. This is a great shade perennial flowering plant to serve as an anchor in your shade perennial garden.

2.Showy Sedum (Sedum spectabile). This Sedum variety has beautiful pink flowers that bloom in late summer and do well in areas with partial shade. The are about a foot tall in height and make a good ground cover when planted in mass.

3.Cyclamen. Suited best for the warmer zones or indoors, but there are some frost hardy types (such as C. hederifolium), these fall blooming flowers are generally pink, purple or white.

4.Cimicifuga. These plants have dramatic spikes of white flowers, reaching several feet in height (but will not need any kind of staking). The shade loving flowers generally bloom in late August or early September. Sometimes known by the common name "Bugbane" this shade loving perennial is said to repel bed bugs too.

5.Toad Lilies (Tricyrtis). Another shade loving perennial flower that produces beautiful, exotic looking shade perennial flowers during the fall months. Some varieties also have quite beautiful foliage as well. They serve will as companion shade perennial garden plants to hostas, ferns and astilbe.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"