sod in my lawn - Knowledgebase Question

maywood, Il
Question by diane_goodlo
I put down sod in my lawn to help with bare patches 6 pieces and have had them for about 4wks they are not catching on to the lawn how long would it take to start growing one of the associates at homedepot says to water sixteen hours a day is this true?

0

Since sod has an already mature root system about all you need to do is make sure the soil was raked well and when you laid the sod that it was tamped down so the roots made good contact with the soil. Watering 16 hours a day is a bit excessive! With new sod you can water twice a day for the first week, then taper off to once every 2 days, then once every 4 days during the summer months. If the sod is not rooting into your soil, pull it up, work the soil and add a little compost, then relay the sod and walk on it to tamp it down. Then water twice a day as suggested above. The roots should knit into the soil within a week or two.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"