tomato plants - Knowledgebase Question

Wilmot, Ne
Question by reroble
The tomato plants I purchase from the Tilton, NH Home Depot are all showing stunted growth at the leaders on top of the plants, they are not developing flowers. all the leaves on the top brances are rolled. I have not seen any pests. Am I fighting a a tine pest or a disease? and how do I treat it? Thanks

0

I'd pinch out the growing tips at the top of the plant to encourage new growth. The more branching and stems your plants develop, the more flowers and fruit they can produce. Curling leaves are not always indicative of a problem. Some types of tomato plants just naturally have curled leaves instead of the more standard tomatoey looking leaves. Try pinching the tips out to encourage branching and I think they'll begin to produce for you. Hope it's soon!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"