chipmunks - Knowledgebase Question

Wilmot, Ne
Question by reroble
I have chipmunks building a nest close to the house foundation. What is the best way to trap or otherwise eliminate them. I have tried sticky pads and rat traps with peanuts as bait but to no avail. Thanks

0

At this point I think the only deterrent will be a physical barrier between the proposed nesting site and the chipmunks. You can use chicken wire or hardware cloth to keep them out. I'd drive several stakes into the ground then anchor the chicken wire or hardware cloth to the stakes. Be sure to bury it about 6" into the ground and secure the wire to the stakes and close up the top. Once they figure out they cannot access their favored place I'm sure they will move on and you can remove the temporary barrier. good luck with your landscape!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"