LAWN WEEDS - Knowledgebase Question

monroe, Ne
Question by richiecarol
I MENTIONED THE PROBLEM ABOUT MY LAWN TO YOU SEVERAL WEEKS AGO AND THE CLOSENESS OF SOME SHRUBS. I HAVE BEEN READING ALL THE BRANDS OF WEED AND FEED AND IT APPEARS I'M BETWEEN A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE. HOW ABOUT I COVER THAT SECTION OF LAWN WITH PLASTIC FOR A WEEK AND JUST LET THE GRASS AND WEEDS DIE, ROUGH UP THE SOIL, ADD FRESH DIRT AND SEED.???? WHAT DO YOU THINK??

0

It's true that broadleaf weed killers can affect shrubs and trees. The chemicals cannot distinguish between the broadleaves of weeds and those of trees and shrubs. It's likely that the roots of your shrubs are beneath the soil where your weedy lawn is growing. I'd err on the side of safety for the shrubs and dig out the weeds or dig out the entire expanse of weedy lawn and start all over again. Good luck with your landscape.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Blue My Mind"