frequent fertilizing - Knowledgebase Question

moreno valley, Ca
Question by blkqtpy
My Fescue grass is beautiful and I use Scotts all season fertilizer about 2 times a month.Even though my grass is thick,healthy and green, will I cause harm in the long run for fertilizing so much?

0

Overfeeding your lawn can cause problems over time. Scotts fertilizer is time release so feeding every two weeks is excessive and the build up of unused fertilizer may eventually burn the roots of your grass. If you read the directions on the back of the package you'll find the recommended application times. We generally recommend you feed in April, June, September and late November (with a winterizer type fertilizer). I'd taper off on the feeding, applying no more than once every 60-90 days during the growing season. You'll still have a nice green lawn but there will be less pollution from run-off and the roots of your turf will remain healthy. Good luck with your lawn!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"