Deer Deterent - Knowledgebase Question

Phoenix, Ma
Question by Dianespeak
Can I safely put moth balls around plants to keep deer away? Is it safe near vegetable plants?

0

Moth balls can leach chemicals into the soil so I wouldn't recommend using them at all, especially near vegetable plants. There are other products you can use that are safer. Try blood meal around your veggies, or simply fence them in. I make hoops out of chicken wire and place them over the rows of veggies to keep deer from browsing or make boxes out of simple wood frames covered with chicken wire to protect just certain plants. There are other deterrents = liquid fence, ropel or deer away that you might try. Keep these products off your veggies but use them on landscape plants and they may keep those deer away. Good luck with your garden!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"