care for my roses - Knowledgebase Question

fresno, Ca
Question by gj108
I got about 10 roses. Should I plant them in larger pots? I can only wter 3 times a week. Should I water more? What should I feed them with? Most of my roses are in the sun. Is that good?

0

Roses will grow well in containers as long as you keep them watered. How often to water depends upon the weather, and how fast the plants are growing. When the top of the soil dries out and the pots feel lightweight, it's time to water. You won't need to repot them unless the roots are trying to escape from the drainage holes. If they do, the plants need more root room and you'll want to move them into larger pots. The only problem associated with growing plants in containers is that the roots can bake if the hot summer sunshine directly shines on the containers. You can group the pots together to help shade each other or you can place something in front of the pots to deflect the sunshine. You can feed your roses with a half strength dilution of a water soluable fertilizer such as Miracle Gro. Feed every 3-4 weeks. Best wishes with your roses.

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Dahlia & Water Hyacinth"