knock out roses - Knowledgebase Question

Belton, So
Question by Viper0613
I bought 2 yellow knock out roses that are doing great except that the leaves are turning yellow and fall out. Is it the disease? too much or not enough water? When I watered them, it is always on the ground around them.

0

Knock Out roses are reasonably disease resistant so I'd look first at the watering schedule. A deep watering every 5-7 days should be all your roses need. If you water more often than that, or if your soil doesn't drain well, that might be what's causing the yellowing leaves. Just to make sure, check the yellowing leaves for spots. If you find none, overwatering is probably the cause. If you do find spots, you might want to use a product like the neem oil based Rose Defense. Best wishes with your roses!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"