sod in my lawn - Knowledgebase Question

maywood, Il
Question by diane_goodlo
my sod has very little grass I have done what the experts said but still just a little grass on the sod is it dead? can I do more?

0

I'm not sure what's going on with your sod. Sod has a mature root system and as long as the roots of the sod make good contact with your soil, the roots will penetrate the soil and establish well. If the soil was not well prepared before laying the sod, or if the sod was not rolled after it was installed, the roots won't knit into the soil and the sod will die. Try pulling up on the sod. If it is well rooted you won't be able to pull it up; if it comes up easily, the fault is with the soil preparation or lack of rolling so the roots did not make good contact. If it is well rooted, frequent watering should help it green up and grow well. Best wishes with your lawn.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Textures"