Geraniums - Knowledgebase Question

Lacrosse, Wa
Question by judynbud2
Geraniums are not opening nicely. Blossom are dry and shriveled. Petunia stems have turned a light green. I need help. Thanks

0

There is a fungal disease that causes flower buds to dry out and drop off. The official name is bud blight. You can help prevent the problem by providing lots of air circulation around the plants, and by keeping water off the stems and foliage. Reducing humidity in the general area should keep the disease at bay. Pick off the dead buds as soon as you notice them to keep fungal spores from spreading to healthy plant parts. If the petunia stems are light green, the plants may need to be fed. I'd pinch off the growing tips to promote healthy new growth and feed the plants with a foliar plant food such as Miracle Gro. Enjoy your garden!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"