Pachira Money Tree - Knowledgebase Question

New Haartford, Co
Question by joseph3128
I purchased a Pachira Money Tree indoor plant. I need to get detailed instuctions on how to take care of it. Because one problem is some of the leaves have tan spots on them and some fall off, is this normal? I keep it well watered and it gets at least six hours of sunlight a day. Any information you can provide would help. Tks.

0

The Pachira aquatica is an easy plant to grow; it is quite hardy and can thrive for many years with minimal care. It is tolerant of both low light conditions and dryness. All you will need is a little bit of soil to hold the roots. Other than that, exposure to bright light and weekly watering will be enough to make the plant thrive. The amount of water you give your plant is critical and one common mistake that many plant owners make is overwatering. This can actually kill your plant! You want to be sure to water so that the soil is moist but you don?t want to put so much in so that there is standing water in the planter. Bright light is better than direct sunlight so you might want to move your plant if it is developing spots on the leaves. Dropping leaves usually indicates overwatering so double check to make sure you're not killing your plant with kindness. Best wishes with your new plant!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Gizmo the Gremlin"