Pulling out - Knowledgebase Question

Tyrone, Ge
Question by kenshives
I have a number of Junnipers at my church that I want to extract and then burn, I am wonering what is the best and proper way to pull out of ground or anyother suggestion so as to start over in the 4 beds I will have to plant perennials and annuals in later?

0

I'm afraid there's no easy solution to removing junipers. You'll need to pull or dig out all the roots or they will resprout and you'll be constantly battling them. Digging with a shovel is labor intensive but at least you can follow each and every root and pull it up and out of the bed. If the junipers are large you may need to rent a bob cat to pull them out. If they are reasonably small, hand digging is the best approach. After you've removed everything from the bed you can lay weed barrier fabric over the top to keep weeds from sprouting and then cut slits or holes to plant new shrubs or perennials. Once you've finished planting you can cover over the weed barrier with bark nuggets or decorative rocks. If you follow these steps you'll have an attractive and weed free bed for years to come. Best wishes with your project!

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Lilac"