Japanense Maple Tree - Knowledgebase Question

Foley, Al
Question by mouseysherbe
I have two Japanense Maples that have gone from green to brown leaves, what am I doing wrong? I keep soil moist, but not soaked. Even put alittle epsom salt mixed with water to help. Can they be saved??
Sherie Coyne

0

Leaves can turn from green to brown because of weather stress and young trees will often develop sun or wind scorched leaves in the middle of the summer. Some Japanese maples cannot tolerate hot afternoon sunshine and prefer to grow in morning sun with protection from about noon on. You didn't identify the cultivar of Japanese maple you are growing so I don't know if it will be happy in afternoon sunshine. See if you can identify it and then send us another question including the name of your maple and we can give more specific information. Best wishes with your trees!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"