endless summer hydrangea - Knowledgebase Question

Fairway, Ka
Question by karen66205
My hydrangea started off the summer looking beautiful with big full blooms. Over the last couple of weeks the foliage, a stem at a time, is wilting and dying. I have cut off the

0

Although the plant tags often say hydrangeas will grow in full sunshine, I find that they are sensitive to hot afternoon sun and will show their displeasure by wilting in the afternoon. The plants perk up overnight and look fine in the morning but by mid afternoon they look terribly wilted again. If this is what's happening with your hydrangea you can either put up with its pathetic behavior or you can move it to a more sheltered place this fall. Choose a spot that gets 4 hours of morning sun (for good blooming) but protection from hot afternoon sun. You'll see a big difference in its performance next year. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Blue My Mind"