Dianthus.... - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Barbara Staradumsky
Canton, Ge
Question by barbarae2187
My Dianthus had so many blooms that they were just beautiful!
The heat came, then my Dianthus stopped producing. Someone told me to trim the tops of the stems and they would produce more. I did this and now 2 weeks later, they are all turning yellow and dying. I've tried watering more, loosening the soil, removing the dead leaves and stems..nothing is working..I have a pic if this would help

0

Usually you can trim dianthus down by about one half and it will grow new foliage and new flowers. If yours is turning yellowing and dying, I suspect the summer heat and humidity is getting to it. When it dies down completely prune away all the dead stems and foliage. When the weather cools a little you'll see new growth and you should have flowers this fall. Best wishes with your dianthus.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "African Violet"