Indian Hawthorne - Knowledgebase Question

Orlando, Fl
Question by gerrymariano
I have some Indian Hawthorne infront of my house which is facing the East. Since the start of summer its losing its leaves. What could be my problem?

0

It's difficult to diagnose a problem without seeing it! Indian Hawthorne likes moist soil and appreciates some filtered shade from hot summer sunshine. It can develop fungal diseases (look for spots on the leaves) and sometimes aphids will attack. When they feed they suck the fluids out of the leaves and the feeding of a large population of aphids can make leaves turn yellow and fall off. Other than water stress issues, too much afternoon sun, or insect or disease problems, hawthornes are usually easy to grow. Double check for signs of insects or diseases. If you find none, try watering deeply twice a week during the hottest summer months. Hope this helps!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Daylily & Lantana"