philodendron location - Knowledgebase Question

Point Lookout, Mi
Question by rubenrrr2000
Hello, I just joined the Homedepot garden club. I recently sent a question that I have not seen a response, so here is my question again. I bought a philodendron xanadu and I want to plant it in my garden. I live in Branson, Missouri, in the southwest of the state. Would my plant come back next spring or is it only and indoor-plant?

0

Welcome to the Home Depot Garden Club! Your philodendron xanadu is a tropical plant and cannot tolerate temperatures below about 45F without suffering damage so you'll need to keep yours in a container so you can take it indoors over the winter months. Some gardeners simply bury the container in the garden so they can enjoy the plant outdoors from spring through summer and then lift the pot and take the plant indoors for the fall and winter months. Or, you can simply place the container outdoors on a deck, porch or patio during the warm months of the year. The key is to take it indoors before temperatures get too cold. Best wishes with your new plant!

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Lilac"