Hugh bees - Knowledgebase Question

Baltimore, Ma
Question by grammy8347
I have these hugh bee's that dig into the lawn. What are they and how do I get rid of them, Please Help......

0

Sounds like ground nesting wasps or bald faced hornets. You can invert a clear bowl or mason jar over each of the holes in the ground to trap the wasps in their nesting areas. Do this at dusk, when all the wasps are at home. In the morning they'll try to leave the nest and will become trapped. They aren't smart enough to dig an escape hole, so they'll stay in the ground and eventually starve to death. Remove the jars after a week of inactivity in the nest, and cover the holes up with soil. Ground nesting wasps are beneficial insects in that they help pollinate flowers and prey on other insects - but if their nests are ill-placed and you're concerned about the their stings, you're probably justified in exterminating them.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Gizmo the Gremlin"