Rose not blooming - Knowledgebase Question

Golden, Co
Question by stephengrazi
I bought a rose this spring and it bloomed. Once the blooms died a cut them out to hopefully get new flowers. But it's been a month and nothing what can I do to get to bloom.

0

Some rose varieties bloom only once a season so check the label on your rose to make sure it is a repeat bloomer. If so, all you need to do is wait. Roses bloom on a cycle and after blooming they rest, then grow and bloom again. Since your rose is relatively new to your garden it may take several months for it to settle in and begin performing well for you. Roses need all day sunshine, feeding every 4-6 weeks and adequate water. If you haven't fed your rose bush, use a fertilizer formulated for roses. It contains all the micro-nutrients roses need plus a little extra phosphorous, which encourages blooming. Best wishes with your new rose bush!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"