Nine Bark & Fertiliization - Knowledgebase Question

BOSTON, Ma
Question by drlynda6
I recently planted a nine bark bush. I would like to know the best way to care for it at this time of year with regards to watering and fertilizing.

Thank you.

0

Your new nine-bark won't need to be fed until next spring. You'll want it to concentrate on developing a healthy root system before you encourage new top growth so all you'll need to do the rest of the season is to water it deeply once or twice a week. How often you'll need to water depends upon how quickly your soil drains. Build a watering basin or water well beneath your nine-bark; fill with water, allow to drain, then fill it a second time. Once a week should do it. Watering in this way allows the water to percolate down slowly, wetting the entire root mass and encouraging deep rooting. This will help your nine-bark tolerate dry spells as it matures. Good luck with your landscape!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "African Violet"