Holes in everything - Knowledgebase Question

BOSTON, Ma
Question by drlynda6
Something is eating up my yard, my hostas, peonies, rhododendrum all have holes. But I don't see any bugs.

Thank ypu.

0

If you don't see bugs, I wonder if slugs or snails are feeding on your hostas and peonies? Go outside at night - that's when they feed - and see if you can catch them in the act. If so, use Sluggo or a similar bait. Rhododendron leaves are pretty tough so not many insects will bother them. There are root weevils, though, that can make notches in the edges of the leaves when they feed. They also feed at night so I'd go out after dark with a flashlight. I'm sure you'll find the culprits! A soil drench is best for the rhododendron. Look for a product like Bayer Advanced Tree & Shrub Insect Control and apply according to label directions.

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Daylily & Lantana"