My bougainvillea and confederate Jasmine are not blooming. - Knowledgebase Question

Statesboro, Ge
Question by mkzurowski
My bougainvillea is planted in the ground and gets at least 7 hours of direct sunlight. I don't water it often and it looks healthy but doesn't bloom. My Confederate Jasmine is growing and looks healthy where it gets a lot of sunlight and regular watering via irrigation but is not blooming. Any advice?

0

Confederate Jasmine (Trachelospermum jasminoides) is also known as Star Jasmine and it blooms best in the spring and in the fall months in your gardening region. Heat and humidity can keep it from developing flower buds in mid-summer. However, since it flowers on new growth, pruning yours back will encourage new, and hopefully flowering stems. Try feeding both your plants with a bloom booster type fertilizer and pruning both of them back at little to promote new growth. Some bougainvilleas are reluctant to bloom but once they start, they bloom on about a 6 week cycle. They grow, flower, rest, then grow again. Pruning it back might stress it just enough to get it to flower. Hope so!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"