What to plant on the east side of my house - Knowledgebase Question

Fruitland Park, Fl
Avatar for nshicks
Question by nshicks
We have had hydrangea and they did not grow. It is 95% shaded with oak trees. I want a short hedge so it will not cover the windows.

Viburnum obovatum (Compact Walter?s Viburnum) is native to Florida and adaptable to both sun and shade. It grows 4-6' tall; 3-4' wide at maturity but can be kept smaller with pruning It is evergreen and features a mass of small white flowers in early springtime then reblooms in the autumn. Red fruits ripen to black in the fall
attracting wildlife. It grows in a range of soils and shows drought tolerance once established in the landscape. Many compact forms are available including ?Whorled Class?, ?Mrs. Shiller?s Delight? & ?Densa?. Hope this suggestion is helpful.

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by Lucius93 and is called "Fritillaria montana"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.