Lawn Weeds - Knowledgebase Question

Ankeny, Io
Question by vinaybhooma
Hi I recently bought a home in ankeny IA, i noticed that lot of bushy weeds in lawn, these are like thick & long wide leaf blades that grow like a bush, grows faster than rest of grass. and also long & wide leaf blades along with grass but these weeds grow faster than normal grass.please let me know how to send the pictures. Thank you, vinay

0

We can't accept photo attachments through this forum but if you can post your pictures on a public website such as Flickr and send us a link, we can look at the photos and try to identify the problem weed. Or, you can dig a weed up and take it to a well staffed nursery or your local cooperative extension office for positive identification. I suspect that you are dealing with wild onions or wild garlic (are the leaves round and hollow? But it might be another type of weed altogether. Contact Iowa Cooperative Extension, 220 H Avenue, Nevada, IA 50201-2044 phone (515) 382-6551. Good luck with your lawn!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Mixed Coleus"