fertilizer - Knowledgebase Question

Howell, Mi
Question by nancygosseli
If I fertilize w/ the Scott's 4 step program & my lawn is still not healthy looking, should I put a turf builder inbetween the step program. I live in the woods and maybe I need lime,as my lawn isn't real green?

0

You really shouldn't feed your lawn more than recommended on the fertilizer package. You could burn the lawn or just overwhelm it with too much nitrogen. You might test your soil to see what the pH is. If it's acidic (below about 6.0) you can add lime. Wait until fall, though. Lime takes quite a while to work it's magic and it seems to work best in the fall. By the springtime your lawn should develop a deep green color. If your soil ends up to be alkaline (above 7.0 on the pH scale), Ironite will help it green up and you can apply it now. Best wishes with your lawn!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"