hydrangea - Knowledgebase Question

ronkonkoma, Ne
Question by amoontoo
When I bought my hydrangea 2years the flowers were not fully opened. Now every year the same thing happens the flowers die before they completely open. What can I do, to make the flowers fully open before they die?

0

It would be helpful to know what type of hydrangea you are growing. Some types have only sterile flower and the individual flowers never really open. Other types, called lacecap hydrangeas, usually have a single row of open flowers around the outside of the flower cluster. You may be growing one of these types of hydrangeas. Or, it might be that your plant is not getting the right exposure to sunshine. Hydrangeas do best with about 4 hours of morning sun and shade from hot afternoon sunshine. Hope this information helps you determine just what might be going on with your hydrangea.

Today's site banner is by TsFlowers and is called "Brown Thrasher"