Ground Squirrels - Knowledgebase Question

Hesperus, Co
Question by pipzip
How can I rid my garden of ground squirrels? They have a labyrinth of tunnels undermining my garden.

0

Once ground squirrels have colonized an area they will be very hard to eradicate. Sometimes the best approach is to hire a professional. There are some deterrents such as Ropel and Liquid Fence but trapping is probably the most effective means of control. You'll need to invest in several traps and set them all at once over the most active holes so you can quickly reduce the population. Your local cooperative extension office can help in choosing the right types of traps. Sometimes they even have traps that they will loan out so it's worth contacting them just to see. Helpful folks at the office can also show you how to bait and set the traps. Contact San Juan Basin Research Center, 18683 Highway 140, Hesperus, CO 81326-9575 phone
(970) 385-4574

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Gizmo the Gremlin"