freeze - Knowledgebase Question

bloomington, Ca
Question by fayesfayes
Please tell me if I can freeze tomatillos. thankyou

0

To prepare your tomatillos for freezing, pull off the papery husks and wash the slightly sticky fruit in a stream of cool water. Allow the fruit to dry.

Arrange the tomatillos in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Place the sheet in the freezer. As soon as the tomatillos freeze solid, remove the trays from the freezer and pack the tomatillos into freezer bags, leaving a half inch of room between the top of the tomatillos and the bag's closure. Freezing the tomatillos prior to packing helps prevent them from sticking together.

To avoid freezer burn, squeeze out as much of the air from the bag as possible before sealing it up. Then, label the bags with the date frozen and immediately place them in the freezer. The frozen tomatillos will be soft when defrosted, but they are perfect for use in salsas, sauces and soups. The tomatillos should keep in the freezer for up to one year.

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Dahlia & Water Hyacinth"