sunflower plant - Knowledgebase Question

EAST HANOVER, Ne
Avatar for amleecpa
Question by amleecpa
I have two sunflower plants (they are more of a bunch rather then tall stalks) but now the heads have closed entirely, can you tell me why?

Sounds like you are growing Mexican Sunflower (Tithonia Rotundifolia) and what you describe is perfectly normal. If you prune off the faded flowers, along with the stalk, your plants will develop more flowers. If you leave them on, they will develop seeds (which you can save and plant next year) but since it takes a lot of energy for a plant to set seeds, it may not bloom again for you. Hope this clarifies things for you.

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by Murky and is called "Deep Fuchsia Color Azalea Blooms"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.