Quack grass - Knowledgebase Question

Shakopee, Mi
Question by pamatias
I'm so sorry, I sent a question about quack grass yesterday and got a response this morning, but unfortunately I mistakenly deleted it before I read it.
I was asking what can we do outside of digging up our lawn and reseeding for all the quackgrass we have gotten this year. Thanks again

0

Wish the answer was a real solution but, here it is again:
Quackgrass is a tough weed to remove! Unfortunately, there is no selective herbicide available to control quackgrass in lawns and quackgrass is resistant even to non-selective herbicides. Other than diligently pulling the roots out each year, there's not a lot you can do. Since the quackgrass is in your lawn, you may want to try an organic pre-emergent herbicide to control the weed next year. A good one to try is WOW! but there are many brands of corn gluten meal pre emergents on the market. Pre-emergents are generally applied in the early spring so you can stop weed seed germination. Since the quackgrass is already in your lawn, pre emergence products won't help and herbicides can also kill your lawn so I wouldn't use any herbicide at all. Simply wait until a good rain, when the soil is moist, then pull as much of the roots out as possible. If you do this a few times a year, each year, the lawn will choke out the remaining quackgrasses. It's not an easy solution, but effective if you keep at it.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"