Brown spots on leaves - Knowledgebase Question

roseville, Ca
Question by rmpbniski209
I have Paula Hebe plant with spikes of deep purplish pink flowers. The problem is although the plant has doubled in size with plenty of flowers, the leaves are developing brown spots and the flowers ( although plenty) are no longer turning the deep purple color. we have been having 100+ degree weather in the Sacramento area, could this be the cause.

0

Although hebe can develop fungal or bacterial leaf spots, they can also react to hot summer sunshine by developing sunburn. If the spots are on the most exposed parts of the leaves, I'd chalk it up to excessively hot summer sun; if the spots are in places that are underneath other leaves, they're probably a disease. I'm leaning more towards sunscald because the flower color is fading. Hope your hebe perks up soon!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Dahlia & Water Hyacinth"